Youth died from electrocution in Bogura

Mamun-ur-Rashid, Bogura :: 67 Time View :
Update : Monday, August 14, 2023

A youth died from the injure of an electrocution during irrigation from a pond at Layapara village area under Kushumba union in Sherpur of Bogura district on early Monday.

The deceased was identified as Babu Mia, 18, son of Alauddin Ala of Boder bazar area under Layapara village under Sherpur upazila in Bogura. Deceased father Alauddin said that during the time, deceased and Rezaul was conducting irrigation by setting motor in the pond and he was electrocuted by touching electric wire of the motor as he wanted to restart the stopped motor and he became seriously injured.

At a stage, Rezaul was escorted injured Babu to Sherpur upazila health and family planning complex and later he was shifted to Shaheed Zaiur Rahman Medical College and Hospital (SZMCH) in Bogura as his condition deteriorated and he died in SZMCH under treatment at around 1 AM on early Monday night.

Contacted, Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Sherpur Babu Kumar Shaha said that he heard the news of the death of the youth from an electrocution and he died in SZMCH in Bogura town and OC of Sadar police station will investigate the matter.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


More News of this category