Burned to ashes 5 family’s dream at Ishwardi

Staff Reporter, Pabna 148 Time View :
Update : Friday, August 11, 2023

Five poor families’ houses were gutted by fire in Arankola area of Ishwardiupazila in Pabna. Before we knew it, the fire had spread to five houses. The incident took place at around 2.00pm on Thursday in Battala area adjacent to Arankola cow market in Ward No. 6 of Iswardi municipal area.

The victims claimed that goods worth several lakhs of taka were burnt to ashes in the fire. Johnny Hossain, a poor and affected rickshaw driver, said, “We were some poor people living here. Some drive rickshaws, some work in paddy fields. We live very hard.

All the belongings of everyone’s house were burnt to ashes in the fire. We don’t have the place to worry anymore. We now have to live with our families under the open sky.”

According to fire service and local sources, some of families including day laborers Roni, Johnny, Sujan have been living in that area for a long time. Local people shouted and tried to control the fire.

After receiving the information, fire service and civil defense rescue personnel reached the spot and brought the fire under control after about an hour.

It is initially believed that furniture and goods worth several lakhs of taka have been burnt. Some of families including day laborers Roni, Johnny, Sujan have been living there for a long day. They lost everything in a single fire, fire service officials added.

The fire is believed to have started from an electrical short circuit, said fire service officials. Abul Hashem, councilor of Ward No. 6 of Ishwardi municipality, said, ` I heard that the homesteads of five poor families, including their furniture, were burnt to ashes. I will try to support the families through Ishwardi municipality.’

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


More News of this category