Shop & house gutted in Sherpur

Tofazzal Hossain, Sherpur  : 31 Time View :
Update : Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Fire started from an electrical short circuit in Hatkhola area of ​​Sherpur town of Bogura.  Haji Abdul Quddus Sarkar’s variety store and house were destroyed by fire on Tuesday night, November 29. As a result of this fire,
around one hundred crore Taka  has been lost.
It is known that Abdul Quddus Sarkar, son of deceased Chahir Uddin Sarkar, was running  business by setting up a variety store named Alif Lam Mim in a part of the Sarkar’s house in Baroduari Hatkhola area of ​​Sherpur town.  On November 29, Tuesday, at around 7:30 p.m., Abdul Quddus went to pray after leaving the shop open.
At that time, the fire started from an electrical short circuit in the godown on the second floor of the shop. Later, the foam and plastic mats of the shop caught fire and quickly spread and the house and shop were gutted.  There was a loss of Tk 60 lakh in store goods, Tk 6.5 lakh in cash, 21 pieces of gold jewellery, and Tk 45 lakh in shop and home furniture in this severe incident.
Abdul Quddus Sarkar said, “Valuable  documents including passports and land documents were burnt to ashes. After receiving a call to 999, members of Sherpur Fire Service and Civil Defense went to the spot and brought the fire under control.
Sherpur Fire Service and Civil Defense Wire House Inspector Nadir Hossain said, ” Fire started from an electrical short circuit. After receiving the information, the fire was brought under control by going to the spot.”
Print Friendly, PDF & Email


More News of this category