One housewife was electrocuted while she was trying to cook rice in a Rice Cooker Phulbariupazila in Kurigramat noon on Friday (June 18).
The deceased was identified as Tahmina Begum 31 wife of Noor Amin of village PurbaFakirparaJokurtol under Shemulbari union of the upazila.
Local sources said when she was switching of her Rice Cooker to cook rice at noon she was electrocuted. She was immediately taken to Phulbariupazila Health Complex in a critical condition where the attending doctor declared her dead.
Officer-in-charge of Phulbari police station Rajib Kumar Roy admitted the incident and told that an unnatural death case was lodged with police.