A child died due to Nipah virus in Rajshahi

Abu Hena Mustafa Zaman, Rajshahi: 138 Time View :
Update : Monday, January 23, 2023

Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (Ramek) infected with Nipah virus. A child named Swaad (7) died while undergoing treatment. The child’s home is in Pabna’s Ishradi upazila.

He died while undergoing treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU) of Ramek Hospital on Monday.
Earlier in the evening of Borba, Nipah virus was detected in his body. With this, two Nipah virus infected patients died in Ramek Hospital this year.

Dr. in charge of Ramek’s ICU. Abu Hena Mostafa Kamal said that Sawad had eaten raw date juice on Friday (January 20) morning. Then fever and convulsions appear. At one point he fell unconscious. He was taken to Ramek Hospital that afternoon.

Later on Saturday morning, the hospital was shifted to the infant ICU. As the doctors suspected, he was tested for Nipah virus. Nipah virus is detected in it. But the critical child could not be saved.

Earlier in the first week of this year, a woman infected with the virus died while undergoing treatment at Ramek Hospital. The deceased woman was a resident of Matikata in Godagari upazila of Rajshahi.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


More News of this category