Mother confesses killing daughter in Rangpur

Staff Reporter: 731 Time View :
Update : Sunday, February 28, 2021

Nur Nur Nahar Begum has confessed to being involved in the murder of Mary, a madrasa student in Badarganj, Rangpur. In her confessional statement given in the court, she confessed to stabbing her daughter in the neck while praying as she could not marry her.

Judge Al-Mehboob of Badarganj Amli Court-4 recorded her statement at noon on Saturday (February 28th).

Mahbuba Akter Mary is the daughter of Menhazul Haque of Buzruk Hajipur Gachhuyapara in Bishnupur Union of Badarganj Upazila. He is the Superintendent of Ramnathpur BU Dakhil Madrasa. Earlier, the decapitated body of Mahbuba Akhter Mary, a student of Waresia Dakhil Madrasa, was recovered from her home at around 8pm on Friday (February 26).

Apart from Badarganj police, CID’s crime scene team visited the spot and recovered a bloody knife from the house as evidence. At the time, Mary had multiple pooch marks on her neck with a sharp weapon, the family did not report to the police station in time, and after reviewing various issues, the police indicated that they could not accept it as suicide. After the inquest report, the body was sent to the forensic department of Rangpur Medical for autopsy at night.

Meanwhile, police arrested Mary’s father Menhazul Haque and mother Nurnahar Begum in the incident on Saturday (February 27) morning. Later in the afternoon, Mary’s uncle Ziaur Rahman filed a case against the unidentified persons. Nurnahar Begum later pleaded guilty to killing her daughter in a confessional statement in court.

However, Nurnahar claimed that her daughter died on Friday night. She told reporters and police that she heard the girl screaming in the bedroom and went there to see blood flowing from her throat. After a while the girl became numb. My daughter had been suffering from epilepsy for a long time. Unable to bear the disease, she committed suicide.

However, Nur Nahar told the court on Saturday about the murder. The court’s GRO Abdul Latif said Nur Nahar Begum had admitted in court that while Mary was praying Esha, she came from behind and stabbed her in the neck.

Badarganj police inspector (investigation) Arif Ali, the investigating officer in the case, said the girl had been suffering from epilepsy for a long time. Many believe that she was killed by a maneuver due to family unrest. We are investigating the matter thoroughly.

Badarganj Police Officer-in-Charge (OC) Habibur Rahman said the body was sent to Rangpur Medical College Hospital for autopsy. As the incident was suspicious, Mary’s father and mother were brought to the police station for questioning. During initial interrogation on Saturday, Nurnahar Begum confessed to killing her daughter by strangulation. When she was produced in court, she testified under section 164. She was later sent to jail

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

More News of this category